Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Four States- Five Days. We might be crazy.



We just returned from a very whirlwind trip on the East Coast, traveling from D.C. to Hoboken, New Jersey (just outside NYC) to meet the new owners of HL&S and to finally meet Mac- Brent & Erin's 1-year-old daughter. Sena was such a rock star on the plane. I almost didn't want to say anything, but she slept, played, and was in a great mood despite being confined for four hours. I'm sure the next time we travel it won't go as smoothly since she'll know that she can get down and run around.

After visiting with the new owners in Annapolis, we loaded Sena up into a rental car and drove to Hoboken- thereby driving through three more states. The trip went pretty smooth, but I have to say (and sorry to my East Coast friends), I feel spoiled living in Colorado. We have a city here, but I don't have to deal with traffic if I don't want to. And, if I ever feel stressed, I can usually just look west and see those terrific looming mountains and feel better. Again, I'm biased, but feel so thankful to live out west.

Anyway, seeing Sena and Mac together was quite a trip. Sena still isn't crawling, but will "walk" if you hold her hands. Mac is crawling, but in a very unique- lopsided sort of way. However, as soon as we returned, Sena has been trying to crawl. Getting up onto her hands and knees and rocking, rocking, rocking, splat! She hasn't figured out that she needs to pick up her hands in order to propel forward.

While we were there Erin & Brent through Mac her first birthday party. Kiddos galore! Poor Sena had her toys taken from her repeatedly, while other children were climbing around and over her as they moved around. She sat quietly, watching. It's hard not to put our emotions onto them, however. But I'm pretty sure that although I felt like she must be jealous, she seemed pretty chill. Yes, we have a pretty chill child. Anyway, here are some pics of the kiddos.





No comments: