Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Goodbye, Goodbye

Some mornings are just hard. This morning, papa left for the second day in a row for his new job in Golden. Sena was eating breakfast and gave him a kiss goodbye. (Which is a great start, considering she frequently denies such requests.) He walked out the door, and closed it behind him. And, then I looked at my beautiful daughter as her lips started to pucker and her eyes glossed over with worry. My heart nearly broke.. I did my best to tell her he'd be back, but how is she going to understand that at 15 months? For all she knows, he could walk back in in 2 minutes or 2 days. He did walk back in just moments later, having forgot something. And, this time after he left she seemed fine. Maybe that's the trick... saying two goodbyes each morning.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

Aww, so sweet. I didn't know Steven had a new job. Congrats!!