Saturday, October 9, 2010

And then there were four...



As most of you know, on Sunday morning, October 3rd, our beautiful daughter Noa Corinne made her appearance in the world. I did not have to be induced, and I had a 100% natural labor. It was the most intense 11 hours I've ever experienced (especially the last 90 minutes where we barely skated into the hospital..) and obviously incredibly worthwhile. Noa was 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 inches long- so smaller then Sena even though she was technically "late". I mean, what's late anyway?

The first few days, when we were in the hospital were tough, on everyone. Sena was confused and we missed her terribly.. but since we've been home it has been a pretty smooth transition. Sena has done remarkably well and clearly loves her baby sister. One morning when we had a doctor's appointment with Noa, Sena pretended to be pregnant and even "had her baby pop out of her belly." This morning she was "teaching" her how to drink her milk and her water. There are also moments where our heart just swells watching how loving she is. Noa was crying in the car and we told Sena it was because Noa was hungry. Sena said to Noa, "I'm sorry baby sister." We told Sena she didn't need to be sorry and she responded, "but I am."

On a more humorous or humbling note, we went to the farm on Thursday (with four-day-old Noa and Sena). I went to the stand with Sena and the gal who has seen me swell with this pregnancy didn't realize I wasn't pregnant anymore:
Farm gal: The apple cider isn't pasteurized- just so you know.
Me: Okay.
Farm gal: I thought you'd want to know since you're pregnant and all.
Me: Oh, actually, I'm not pregnant anymore. (GEEZ, DO I REALLY LOOK THAT BIG?) My daughter was born on Sunday. She's in the car.
Farm gal, clearly embarrassed: Oh! Can I see her?

Here are a few pictures of the last week..


1 comment:

the purcells said...

so glad everything went well and you've welcomed another beautiful little one into your amazing family!! xoxo