Monday, September 15, 2008

feeling chatty

Right now I'm listening to Sena talk to herself. She's supposed to be going to sleep, and I'm sure in a few minutes she'll realize that I'm not there and cry, but for now, hearing her chat is pretty funny and sweet.

This past week, I didn't to hear her talk or laugh as much as she usually does because she was sick. For the first time in her life. And, not for the 3-5 days the doctor predicted- for 10 days. I was heartbroken. I finally understand what Steven must have felt like in the delivery room when I was in pain and he could do NOTHING about it. Sena couldn't even tell me what hurt.. and for all I knew she hurt everywhere. Everytime she cried I wanted to break down and call the doctor. And everytime they told me what the REALLY BAD WARNING SIGNS would be, and of course, thank God, she didn't have them. But that didn't mean she wasn't sick, or feeling bad.. and going even one hour without seeing her smile is hard enough- but several days is just plain hell.

Anyway, that's why I'm listening to her talk right now and not feeling frustrated that she "should be asleep". She'll eventually go to sleep. This I've learned. And, her voice is too precious to ever be quieted. At least right now.

No comments: