Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mindful Mama

Yesterday, was the official launch of Mindful Mama, a new media and social networking site that I'm incredibly proud to be a part of. (Thanks Deirdre!) For the initial launch, I contributed a handful of articles on everything from Creating a Green Nursery to The School Garden Movement. (P.S. That's Danny Zamudio in the picture!)

What I really love about MM is that it doesn't divide mothers into camps—the breastfeeding vs. bottlefeeding, co-sleeping vs. crib-sleeping camps that so many other magazines and sites and forums do. After going through all of the breastfeeding troubles that I had in the beginning (but, we're still breastfeeding-hooray!), the last thing I want to do is play any sort of role in making another woman feel as badly as I did. I felt completely worthless, and much of the emotions I went through I believe were caused (albeit indirectly) by the push-pull I was feeling from the media. And even from other mothers. I remember trying to do research on what to do, and finding nothing. NOTHING.

I'm so thankful to be a part of an organization, of a group of like-minded women, who want to encourage mamas to do their best. To make educated decisions. And, ultimately to live mindfully.

Check out the site- pass it on to others!

No comments: