Monday, August 3, 2009

I Love My Husband.


So, this past weekend I turned 30. A big milestone, but one that I somehow was putting to the back of my mind. I knew Steven had planned something to celebrate, but I had no idea what he had up his sleeve.. as it turned out, it was a lot!

On Friday he sent me an email saying he was going to take the afternoon off and treat me to a massage. Hooray! He also told me to "get ready," but how and why would one get ready for a massage... I didn't think anything of it. He showed up at the house, relatively stressed (we were late), and drove me into Boulder. We found the spa, and as he was driving by, I told him to let me out. (We were late- right??) He said, "no" quite emphatically. So, I stayed put. We parked the car and walked into the salon. As he was checking me in, I turned around and saw my sister, getting a pedicure. That's crazy! How funny that Carrie would get a pedicure today of all days? (Am I the slowest person around? I blame it on age.) And, then to my BIGGER surprise, sitting next to Carrie was Lori. My lovely Lori. My best friend from Pittsburgh!!!!!!! I started to cry of course.. Steven had planned for us to have manis/pedis and wine... which was followed by dinner with a few good friends. Did I say I love my husband?

Well, the following morning, he wakes me at 7 and says. "You need to pack." I replied, "For the day, or overnight?" He says overnight and that we're leaving at 10... The birthday surprise culminated with a trip to Devil's Thumb Ranch with the Pearsons and Lori, full of hiking, wine, dinners, wine, playing with the kiddos, fishing, wine. Did I say wine? I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my friends. Thank you!




No comments: