Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Noa

Dear Noa, This time I really can't believe my daughter is turning one. When Sena turned one, it had passed both slow and quickly, as your father and I learned how to navigate parenthood. But with your first year behind us, I'm in shock. And it isn't because we've become pros at this parenthood thing either. I think having two children makes time fly even faster. The two of you keep us very busy! The last year you have brought us such joy and added a dimension to our family that we hadn't realized we were missing. I remember wondering last year- late September- who you were going to be. I imagined a daughter that did have your looks- bright blue eyes, dark hair (didn't realize it would be curly), but couldn't put a spirit in my imagination. When you arrived you came with such a rush. You were ready to be in the world, to navigate the world, to meet your family- and we were ready to meet you. Over the last year, you have brought us many smiles and laughs as we watch you try so hard to keep up with Sena. It won't be long. You are a mover. I have all of these "baby carriers" that I never used with you. You wanted mama, but only in your vision. Being held by mama is only of interest for moments at a time. Otherwise you have a world to explore. Your latest adventure is watching our reactions as you crawl off as quickly as you can for such things as the stairs, the hallway, or the bathroom. You'll pause half-way there, "Is anyone seeing this?!! Hee hee..." And off you go. I can only imagine what this will look like in a few years. I'm preparing myself for needing to keep you quite active. Your sister will want to read to you, and hopefully you'll listen, but you'll most likely want to be kicking a ball or jumping up and down at the same time. We love you honey. We cannot wait to see how the next year unfolds, but as I've said several times before. You CAN slow down. We'll wait. love you, mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I love you. Noa's 8th B-day just ended and here I am, reading this. She is the best sister I could ask for. And I have the best mom and dad too. Aren't I a lucky girl? Happy B-Day Noa. I love you.

-Sena