Monday, September 26, 2011

Letter to Sena- 42 Months (aka 3 1/2 years)

Dear Sena, For the last few days you've battled your first real bout with the stomach flu and were such a trooper through all of it. And although papa and I have tried to explain that everyone gets sick and that it is okay, each time you got sick over the weekend, you'd look at me with your sweet and sad eyes and apologize. Sorry Mama. Oh honey. Last night as you sat eating crackers and soup, while your sister had macaroni and cheese, you asked me if you could call the doctor. I told you she wasn't in and you said, "I want to talk to the doctor and find out what is going wrong with me." I told you that you'd be better soon, and you said. "When you talk to Dr. Samuelson can I talk to her too?" Normally, your days are filled with an extraordinary imagination. Your daily activities revolve around Princess, and although I'm trying to stress to you that princesses are also smart and creative, you're mostly interested in the clothing they wear- which for you means ALL of your "princess" attire at once, aka a shirt from grandma, an old cheerleading skirt, a real princess dress, a crown, shoes, and TONS of jewelry. You've got your sense of style and I suppose in a way it is more stylish than mama right now, as I hear the 80s are in. And you're rocking the 80s for sure. Watching your personality continue to develop as you become such a little person is pretty amazing. You hear everything and see everything. Just yesterday we were driving to Target and you were talking, but I didn't understand you. So I asked you, "What did you say honey?" And you said, "I was just talking to myself." Got it. I love you honey and am so thankful everyday that I get to be your mother in the easy moments and in the difficult ones. You make me a stronger person, as well as a softer one. So thank you. love you mama

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Mommy. I love you too

Unknown said...

Thanks. I love you too. Not a princess anymore am I?