Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Letter Month 26



Dear Sena,
As I'm writing you your letter (a week late- yes), I'm anxiously waiting for you to wake-up. I'm fortunate you're such a good morning sleeper (it's 8 a.m.), but I'm also worried because yesterday you had a fever and felt awful. You've only been sick a couple of times in your two years of life, and each time it shakes me to my very core. It's hard to describe to anyone who isn't a parent or mother for that matter- but when your child is feeling bad your entire being breaks. You'd do anything to help them feel better. So I held you and rocked you, and kept a cool washcloth on your head.

Meanwhile, I think your baby sister (YES another girl for the Williams' clan!) could feel you resting on my belly. She proceeded to kick and squirm more than ever. My thought was that she was telling you 'hello'. Or perhaps she needed more room.. both will be quite likely once she arrives this fall.

I have to say honey that you are the most adaptable child/human I've ever seen. Our house is in total disarray as we gut the entire main floor, revamping everything from the paint to the floors to the entire kitchen. We've moved your play toys from room to room as we move around the house, and each time you just find it interesting where your toys will end up. You don't mind that you can't go in certain rooms (i.e. construction zone), nor do you find it odd that all of our meals have to be cooked outside. While your papa and I struggle with the chaos, you seem to thrive in any environment. Something we need to learn from.

This month you've been busy in gymnastics- your favorite thing is the rings, which surprises me, but you love hanging there! You're still very into singing and have started making up a lot of your own songs about things you see around you. For instance:
Kona & Cash were playing in the back yard- like dogs do (biting, nipping each other).
Sena: "Kona's eating Cash again, Cash again, Cash again. Kona's eating Cash again- early in the morning."

This was followed by:
Mama drinking decaf coffee.
Sena: "I'm having coffee. No, no, no. I'm having coffee, no, no, yes!"

We'll get these recorded soon for any future auditions you have.

Honey, we love you. I hope you feel better soon.
love,
mama

A few pictures..

Having dinner with Will.

No comments: